Latin Name: Juniperus scopulorum
- Used in Native American healing ceremonies as a smudge plant
- Steam diffusion for respiratory support
- As poultice for urinary support
Energetic Attributes: Feathery, protective, grounding, sturdy, foundational, can inspire breathing or give one the sense of well being.
Aromatic Description: Sweet Earth!! Light
Traditional uses = How previous cultures (indigenous/pioneer) engaged with plants as medicine and food. Poultice and teas were the general applications.
Aromatherapy associations suggest dilution in a carrier oil of your choice, such as House of Aromatics organic cold-pressed Jojoba oil. Add 8-12 drops essential oil to 1 one ounce carrier oil. Do not over do! Diffuse via steam or gentle heat, generally NOT all the time (especially around children). Herbal formulas & teas can be best during pregnancy, nursing & child/elderhood, so if pregnant/nursing/etc. consult your wellness practitioner before incorporating essential oils into your life style. Handle carefully around children, elders and pets. Use with Wisdom & Intention.
Avoid eyes and orifices. Always do a small test drop on the back of your hand to check for allergic reaction or skin irritation before further application. Should irritation occur, apply any vegetable type oil such as olive to diffuse the chemical reactions.
External use only! Do not add to water and drink!!
Our Essential Oils contain No Carrier Oils, No Alcohol, and guaranteed NO Synthetics
- None of these statements are meant to treat or diagnose disease or illness.
- If you are experiencing discomfort of any kind or isolated, seek the support and guidance of a healing arts practitioner such as an herbalist, aromatherapist, acupuncturist, massage therapist, nutritionist, homeopath, etc.